Plants never tasted so good.

14.2.12

Happy Valentine’s Day Breakfast

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1040085

Happy Valentine’s Day!

For the past few days, I have been planning a special Valentine’s Day breakfast for Mya.  I picked up some organic strawberries, bananas, and dairy free dark chocolate chips  so I could make her some special treats for breakfast and lunch.

I skipped my 6:00am cardio session to melt chocolate then dip an assortment of strawberries and bananas into the liquid gold, and garnish them with chopped nuts or pink sprinkles.  I had to get them done in time to put them outside to cool before she woke up.  Once they were outside cooling, I started on breakfast.  Heart shaped strawberry vanilla pancakes.  They were laced with chia seeds and vanilla protein.  They turned out heavenly.  Another, no syrup required.  Powdered sugar and fresh strawberries along side did the trick.  Mya was quite surprised and very happy.  She loved everything.  I packed her some of the strawberries and bananas in her lunch, and we sent a few in for her teachers.  She loves to share!

Now that I am back on schedule and done my cardio, I need to workout, and plan for a special dinner.  Years ago it would have been shrimp on V-day. If I was close to whole foods, I would pick up some vegan shrimp, since I am not, I may have to dig out my tempeh crab cake recipe.  Is that on my diet?  I have a feeling after breakfast and dinner plans, more cardio is on the menu.

I hope you all have a lovely Valentine’s Day.  Don’t eat too many goodies at once.

P1040093

P1040083

P1040088

This is what my own personal “mini” pancake breakfast looked like…P1040090

P1040084

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts